|8:45 – 9:00||Coffee|
|9:00 – 10:00||Tom Brughmans (University of Oxford)
The potential of network science in archaeology. Illustrated through a network model of Roman economic integration
|10:00 – 11:00||Clara Filet (Université Paris 1)
Reconstructing Iron Age economy and urbanisation: the contribution of networks theory and methods
|11:00 – 11:15||Coffee break|
|11:15 – 12:00||Lena Tambs (Universität zu Köln)
Measuring Interpersonal Relations in Ptolemaic Pathyris (c. 165-88 BCE): Targeting Network Measures towards Research Aims
|12:00 – 13:00||Lunch break|
|13:00 – 15:00||Tutorial 1: an introduction to exploratory network analysis with Visone, using an archaeological case study of Maya Obsidian distributions.|
|15:00 – 15:30||Coffee break|
|15:30 – 17:30||Tutorial 2: an introduction to agent-based network modelling and simulation with Netlogo, developing a simple trade model.|
- Please bring your own laptop and charger. You will need to have the permission to install software on this laptop.
- Please install Netlogo. You can download it for free here: https://ccl.northwestern.edu/netlogo/ Please ensure you can open Netlogo.
- Please install Visone. You can download it for free here: http://visone.info/ Please ensure you can open Visone. If it does not work, the most likely issue is that Java Runtime Environment is not installed (in which case you need to install it as described here). Please refer to this installation tutorial to help you install Visone: http://visone.info/wiki/index.php/Installation_%28trail%29
- Brughmans, T., 2013. Thinking through networks: a review of formal network methods in archaeology. Journal of Archaeological Method and Theory, 20, pp. 623-662.
- Brughmans, T., Poblome, J., 2016. Roman bazaar or market economy? Explaining tableware distributions in the Roman East through computational modelling. Antiquity 90-350, 393-408.
- Collar, A., Coward, F., Brughmans, T. & Mills, B., 2015. Networks in Archaeology: Phenomena,
- Abstraction, Representation. Journal of Archaeological Method and Theory, 22, pp. 1-32.
- Filet, C., 2017. An Attempt to Estimate the Impact of the Spread of Economic Flows on Latenian Urbanization. Frontiers in digital humanities, doi: 10.3389/fdigh.2016.00010
- Datum/Zeit: 14.07.2017, 8:45-17:30 Uhr
- Veranstaltungsort: Universität zu Köln, Archäologisches Institut, Hörsaal (Raum 101)
Diese Veranstaltung in eigenen Kalender exportieren: iCal Alle Veranstaltungen in eigenen Kalender exportieren: iCal (alle Veranstaltungen)